Having a good skincare routine is essential. Aside from making you feel good about yourself and helping you stay young, it also prevents you from getting skin diseases and conditions, such as acne or even skin cancer. One should never underestimate the benefits of a skincare routine. If you’re wondering if it’s essential to have a skincare routine that is nine to 11 steps long, well, the answer is: it really depends on your skin type.
Skincare routines vary from person to person because we all have different skin types. It’s a common misconception that every person can use the same skincare products and do the same routine and expect to get the same results. Just like exercise and diets will have different effects on certain body types, certain skincare products and routines will also have different skin types. So how do you determine the right skincare products for you? Well, the first thing you have to do is to figure out your skin type.
There are six different skin types, and the only thing you’ll have to do is take a good look at yourself in the mirror and see which of these descriptions best match your skin.
- If you have not too dry and not too oily skin, you have normal skin. People with normal skin types are the luckiest because they usually have little to no imperfections, barely visible pores, a radiant complexion, and no severe sensitivity to products.
- If certain parts of your face are dry or normal but have an oily nose, forehead, and chin (otherwise known as your t-zone), you have a combination of skin types. People with this skin type will have shinier skin. The pores on their t-zone might look larger and have blackheads as well.
- If your skin likes to crack or peel and even become rough or scaly. Not only on your face but also the other parts of your body, you might have dry skin. People with dry skin will also have a very dull and rough complexion. Some red patches can also appear on your skin. You have more visible lines but barely noticeable pores. You can also feel that your skin is very tight and less elastic.
- On the other hand, people with oily skin will have enlarged pores, a shiny complexion, and are most probably experiencing acne.
- Finally, we have sensitive skin. It’s easy to determine if you have sensitive skin because people with sensitive skin will often become irritated from certain products. If you’ve experienced redness, itching, or burning sensations from using certain products, you most probably have sensitive skin. People with sensitive skin can also have combination, oily, or dry skin together with sensitivity.
If you still need a little help to determine your skin type, you can take this quiz. Once you’ve figured out your skin type, you can now move on to finding the best products for you. Luckily, we’ve got an entire list of some of the best products for each skin type.
The best skincare products for every skin type
As mentioned earlier, people with normal skin types are the luckiest. Because they barely have any imperfections, they can pretty much get away with using any skincare product and routine. People with normal skin can survive with as much as just a cleanser and sunscreen, and they’d be fine. That said, the best skin cleanser for normal skin would have to be SkinCeuticals Glycolic Renewal Cleanser.
This product provides an exfoliating cleanse that won’t leave your skin feeling dry and tight like most exfoliators do. Instead, it provides your skin with just enough exfoliating action while still leaving your skin feeling baby smooth and without stripping your skin of its moisture. It’ll leave you looking even more radiant and get rid of any tiny imperfections you have left.
Finding a product for combination skin can seem tricky. It almost seems impossible to get rid of oiliness while giving your skin moisture at the same time. With Paula’s Choice Resist Perfectly Balanced Foaming Cleanser, you can. This cleanser allows you to get rid of any dirt and excess oil while balancing your face’s moisture levels. It’s a great gentle daily cleanser that you can use both in the morning and at night. Looking for a cleanser for combination skin isn’t so tricky after all.
The key to solving dry skin is to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. And avoid products that are too harsh and have plenty of drying ingredients such as added fragrances and alcohol. It’s best to go for a product that is full of natural and organic moisturizing ingredients. Novashine’s Green Tea Matcha Facial Mud Mask is exactly what you need. It’s made with green tea matcha, a natural antioxidant used to clean your face. It has vitamin e to improve dry skin and vitamin c to brighten dull skin. It also contains aloe vera, almond oil, and orange oil, which are great for moisturizing even the driest of skin. This will really help bring back moisture and life to your skin.
Did you know that oily skin and acne is a big problem that affects up to 50 million Americans each year? There are tons of skincare products that claim to work the best and cost tons of money. What if you could find a solution to your acne without breaking the bank? One of the best-reviewed skincare products for oily skin and one of the cheapest that actually works is Neutrogena’s Oil-free Acne Wash. It is one of the most recommended face washes by dermatologists, and it’s easy to see why. You can find it at any CVS, Walmart, or Walgreens near you.
It’s important that when looking for a product for sensitive skin, you go for those that have no soap, no oil, and no fragrances that irritate the skin. And you know what checks all those boxes? Olay Cleanse Gentle Foaming Cleanser. That’s right; it has no soap, oil, or fragrances. So, what’s it made of? Its key ingredient is glycerin, an odorless and colorless natural compound derived from vegetable oils. Although it’s derived from oils, it isn’t oil itself.
It’s simply a liquid that is great for drawing out water onto the surface of the skin to moisturize it.
Now that you know which skincare products to use for your skin type, you can now create a skincare routine of your own. Remember to take good care of your skin. This will not only leave you feeling good and looking good, but it also protects you from different skin conditions. Never underestimate skincare. Just make sure to pick the right products and the right routine to fit your own skin type.